Our software assists with the design of variable flow heating and chilled water systems, including district heating/cooling, suitable for low carbon heating/cooling sources.
Compliance with best practice
The software checks designs for compliance with relevant best practice guides and codes thereby helping to prevent common system design errors. This gives a better assurance of satisfactory system performance, and is obviously crucial in the event of subsequent claims against the designer.
The software automatically:
- Sizes pipes and pumps
- Sizes regulating valves and flow measurement devices
- Sizes automatic control valves
- Optimises variable speed pump control
- Sizes and designs thermal storage buffer vessels
- Integrates low carbon heat sources such as biomass and CHP
- Adapts the design to suit heat interface units
- Calculates hot water simultaneous demand coincidence factors
- Calculates system volumes and sizes expansion vessels
Easy to use
The main program enables users to easily create self-labelling two dimensional schematic drawings linked to self-generating equipment schedules. No out of office training required.
Easy data transfer
Programs are Excel based making it easy to import and export data to or from other files.
By addressing the most complicated aspects of variable flow system design, the software significantly reduces design time.
Variable flow heating and chilled water systems
This program enables users to easily create self-labelling schematic drawings linked to self-generating equipment schedules. The main functions are:
- Pipe sizing
- Pump sizing
- Regulating valve sizing
- Control valve sizing
- Expansion vessel sizing
- Buffer vessel sizing
- Pump speed control optimisation
- Differential pressure control checking
- Allowance for load diversity